CARY NC Staging Your Home
CARY NC Staging your home is an important aspect of the home selling process. Buyers want to be able to see themselves and their possessions in the house.
Buying a home is an emotional process that involves all of the senses. Buyers will be swayed by a bright, fresh smelling home that they can imagine living in themselves.
I realize it’s a challenge to live in a home that has been staged. Remember, well staged homes in Cary sell quicker. The outcome is worth the effort.
- Minimize your décor, by packing away nick-knacks, toys, books, rugs, etc.
- Put away family photos. Buyers need to see themselves in the home.
- Make rooms appear as spacious as possible. Rearrange/remove furniture as needed.
- Less is more even in kid’s rooms.
Prior to 1st showing:
- Label any items that will not be included in the sale, or simply remove.
- Label special features/upgrades.
Prior to EACH Showing:
- Look at each room through the eyes of a Buyer. Make necessary changes.
- Open drapes/shades
- Turn on ALL lights
- Keep pets outside or kenneled
- Leave. Buyers will find it uncomfortable if you are there, even if you are out of sight.
If you work during the day prepare your home as if you will have a showing each day. Again, it will be worth the effort in the end.