Cary NC Removing Popcorn Ceilings
Cary NC Removing popcorn ceilings has become one of the most popular ways to update a dated home. In 2010 we bought a home that was built in 1988 and had popcorn ceilings. Popcorn ceiling are also known as acoustic or textured ceiling.
The use of this technique was popular in most price ranges prior to the 2000's. After 2000 it is only being used in the first-time buyer price range.
Removing the ceiling in an occupied home is a challenge because of the mess. And yes it really messy!
- The ceiling are wet down with nothing more than water using a portable sprayer. The sprayer looks like an exterminators bug sprayers.
- The textured substance is simply scrapped away with a wide putty knife.
- The ceiling are given a day to dry.
- The drywall seams are then mudded and smoothed.
- A primer paint is applied
- Two coats of ceiling paint is applied.
For obvious reasons this process is best completed when the residence is vacant. We did it the week before we moved in to our new home in Cary.
The result was well worth the cost, time, and mess! Oh ya the cost, about $5000 for a 2600 sq ft home. The price varies depending on ceiling height and square footage.
Are you looking for a REALTOR that is:
- a former teacher that knows the schools system
- has lived in the area for over 15 years
- has the expertise to get the job done?